Standing true to its name, FBI (Federal Bureau of investigation) is the most respected and essential federal agency in the United States and globally, known to protect the U.S. not only from physical attacks but DIGITAL attacks on the nation.
Cyber threat is one of the fastest growing crimes around the world and certainly the most dangerous.
Not only the private sectors but also the government sectors are being targeted in the modern technology age. Trade secrets, financial information as well as highly classified government data is at risk due to cybercrime and digital infiltration.
After 9/11, the government of the United States strengthened the FBI with the most advanced and technologically advanced equipment and task forces. This step was a significant upgrade for the FBI as it would prevent incidents like 9/11 as opposed to dealing with the after effects of it.
When it comes to cyberspace, the FBI is ready to catch the FBI’s official website, not only domestically but also internationally.
As stated on the FBI’s official website, some of the primary capabilities of the agency include, but not limited to, are:
- A Cyber Division at FBI Headquarters to address cyber crime in a coordinated and cohesive manner;
- Specially trained cyber squads at FBI headquarters and in each of our 56 field offices, staffed with agents and analysts who protect against and investigate computer intrusions, theft of intellectual property and personal information, child pornography and exploitation, and online fraud;
- New Cyber Action Teams that travel around the world on a moment’s notice to assist in computer intrusion cases and gather vital intelligence that helps us identify the cyber crimes that are most dangerous to our national security and to our economy;
- Our Computer Crimes Task Forces that combine state-of-the-art technology and the resources of our federal, state, and local counterparts;
- A growing partnership with other federal agencies—including the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and others—that share similar concerns and resolve in combating cyber crime.
In addition to these primary attributions of the agency, FBI also operates at a larger level to fight cybercrime.
Cyber Action Team, also known as CAT, is a discrete but rapid deployment group that can digitally or physically access a crime scene anywhere around the world within a matter of hours, providing the necessary support and solution required to move the investigation forward.
There’s an endless list of capabilities that the FBI incorporates to keep our nation safe. Some capabilities of the FBI are open to the public, while the majority of the information is classified and confidential due to national security.
Humanity is experiencing the modern age where technology is at a rise and so are the risks that come with it. However, one can be sure that with the rapid growth in cybercrime, it seems that the FBI is well equipped and ready to protect the United States with the best of their efforts and abilities, today and tomorrow.
Delcom Infotech would like to extend a huge thanks to the FBI for providing their excellent services to the United States as well as around the world.